The Schmelzer ventilation pipes combine the advantages of semi-circular ducts with those of the underfloor ventilation.
Grain is a living good. The two parameters temperature and moisture are essential in order to achieve the longest possible storage life.
Combined with the respiration of grain during storage moisture and temperature increase in the good. Accompanied by that a multiplication of microorganisms in the corn occurs. To avoid a growth of these microorganisms it is intended to hold down the two parameters as low as possible. The stock watch gives an indication how long the grain is storable.
For example, grain with a moisture of 14% and a temperature of 10°C can be stored longer than 256 days. The air volume which should be inserted in the storage place depends on what should be achieved with the inserted air. For use in practice the following values have proved their worth: The temperatures of the suctioned air should be approx. 5 degrees colder than the grain temperature. The suctioned air moisture isn´t allowed to exceed 65%.
Your advantages when using the Schmelzer Air-Calculator:
The temperature and moisture in the grain decides upon the durability of the grain during the storage of the grain after the harvest. To maximise the durability of the grain and to remove the living conditions of microorganisms and insects you are able to plan an optimum ventilation device with the Schmelzer Air-Calculator. The air-calculator helps you when choosing the right fans and the distances between the ventilation channels to ensure perfect storing conditions for your bulk goods.
- Automatic calculation of all necessary components
- Individually defined for your storage
- Customized ventilation components
- Compliance with the best and longest storage capability
- Enormous increase in quality of the grain due to proper ventilation
- Increase in sales value
Frequently asked questions
Principles of grain aeration and aeration types
During harvest season, grain will be stored too warm when the sun is shining, or too wet when it rains. Temperature and moisture are the two key factors affecting the shelf life of grain.
Cereals should not be aerated with humid air
- Grain must always be ventilated with colder air, never with warmer air which is higher than the grain temperature
- Temperatures and moisture content of the grain in the grain store require constant monitoring
- When the grain has the correct storage temperature and storage humidity, the ventilation system (fan or refrigerator) can be switched off.
We offer you professional solutions for various types of storage, such as flat storages and silos as well as a possibility of permanent storage temperature and moisture control including the fully automatic control option of the fans.
This enables us to offer you highly professional grain storage.
The different types of ventilation are:
- Ventilation pipes (telescopic ventilation pipes TBR and TAS)
- Ventilation pillars (Air-Pillar)
- Ventilation spears (Air-Whisper, Air-Whisper MAX, Air-Lance Economic and Air-Lance)
- Semi-circular channels (Panzer-Top-Channels or Air-Giant)
- Underfloor ventilation (round hole and slot hole covers)
- Round silo ventilation (air-floor)
- Fans (type ASAjG and LC)
Our patented ventilation calculator allows you to calculate the necessary elements of the individual ventilation of your storage. This makes grain aeration calculable in terms of the design and the amount of air required for it and also with a vision of the costs.
ORDER OUR CATALOGUE
Please ask for our new catalogues and information brochures in the areas of Agricultural Equipment, Modular Pipework Systems, Plant Engineering, Moulding Technology and Tinsmithing. You can also use the function of our flip catalogue or PDF download to receive first insights in our catalogues.